Want to work in a fast-paced, fun-based environment? Advance your skydiving career at Skydive Spaceland San Marcos, one of the world’s largest skydiving operations! We are open 7 days per week, year-round between Austin and San Antonio, Texas, on our 80-acre private airpark built from the ground up exclusively for skydiving. We value safety, professionalism, and courteousness in all of our staff, whether full- or part-time.
We have a number of world record holders and highly competitive skydivers in various disciplines here at Skydive Spaceland who can help you further improve your skydiving skill set. Quite simply, we want you to work for us and we want to help you grow into the very best instructor, rigger, manifestor, or whatever it is in skydiving that you want to be! We also have examiners from The Ratings Center that call Spaceland home, and can train you for any additional ratings you don’t yet hold.
Projected DZ Customer volume for 2019
- 8,000+ tandems
- 1,000+ AFF (STP)
- 6,000 tandem videos
- Summer months average 125 + work jumps per month (some do over 200) subject to multiple qualifications
- Winter months will average as few as 50 up to 100 work jumps per month subject to winter weather
- Work days are scheduled in advance and usually 5 days per week, but staff are welcome to work all days
Local towns with apartment housing (all about 14 miles away in various directions)
- San Marcos, TX
- Lockhart, TX
- Luling, TX
Limited RV slots are also available on the airport, all full hookups with metered electricity. Rates are $150/month for full-time staff plus electricity usage, first-come, first-served. Contact us to request a spot!
Hours of Operation
- DZ is open for business every day except Christmas Day
- Monday-Friday open at 8:00 a.m. till sunset
- Weekends open at 7:30 a.m. till sunset
- Indoor climate controlled packing space
- Multiple Super Twin Otters and 900HP Caravans owned by Skydive Spaceland parent company
- Air-conditioned office work space for staff available
- 30 Sigma Tandem Rigs
- 30 student rigs with main canopies sized from 150-300 square feet
- Air-conditioned camera flyer work station
- On-site deli
Equipment requirements for jump staff
- Tandem Instructors: 2 altimeters and goggles
- Camera Flyers: Rig, GoPro and DSLR
- AFF (STP) Instructors: Rig, Small digital camera such as GoPro, Drift, Contour or similar
For more questions, please feel free to email our manager Thomas Hughes at Thomas@SkydiveSpaceland.com.